Yesterday, Blizzard has announced changes to the Hearthstone Arena. They will come along with the nerfs to Small-Time Buccaneer and Spirit Claws, which are mostly targeted at Constructed and won’t really affect Arena that much. Arena news, however, is huge for anyone who plays that mode. Here is a quick summary of what’s going to happen:
- Arena gets changed from Wild format to Standard format
- Commons and Basics will be offered less often, in that place we’ll see more higher rarity cards (especially Rares, but also Epics and Legendaries)
- Spells will show up more often
- Neutral Classic cards will show up less often
- Abyssal Enforcer and Flamestrike will show up 50% less often (compared to the other cards from the respective categories)
All 5 points (but especially the first three) are very important to how the new Arena balance will look like, but also to how Arena will feel like. But what does it mean exactly? Are we going to see even more Mages? Or maybe another class will start dominating? Let me try to answer some of those questions.
P.S. The card scores were provided by the HearthArena. The scores of some cards will obviously change with some cards rotating out etc. but they should still be good enough for the current theorycrafting.